Recently, while meeting with a small group in our congregation, I asked the participants what one question they would ask of God if they had the opportunity. I found their questions to be very insightful, and thought I would share some of them with you.
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
* Why do bad people seem to get good things in life?
* How long do you expect me to turn the other cheek?
* Why do bad things happen to children – and how do you deal with the people who do those things?
* I know we will spend eternity with you – why do we have to spend a lifetime on earth first?
* How can I hear your voice?
* How am I doing?
* How long will I be here?
* How much of the Bible is written the way it actually happened?
* Why my dad?
* How can I know what to do?
* How can you love me so much? And why do you seem to not love others as much?
* You said the first shall be last. I look at the world, and I wonder, when I get to see you, will I be last?
* What is my purpose?
* Why are you like we were taught when we were children?
* Why is there suffering?
* Why is there cruelty?
* Why did you make me so that I love sin so much?
* Why is there disease?
* How can I know what to do in life?